Pages

Monday, October 10, 2016

Painting

I think I love to paint.
Actually I do love to paint, just not my walls in my house. I woke up in the middle of the night with an idea for my old wood frames that have been sitting around.
I found these awesome frames at a great thrift store by my house.
Ive been hanging on to them waiting for some inspiration.
Well that was last night. I never did like painting a picture from my own imagination. I thought I was never good at it. But......I actually like what I come up with so I had some wood laying around and fit a piece for this frame. I wanted a saying with some flowers and garland and wanted to paint the frame.
 So I painted the piece of wood black and let it dry then worked on another project while I waited and its name is "Frankie" but that is for another post.
 I painted different flowers and kept on adding until I was happy with it
 added gold vinyl letters
Then mod podge it all together
 I painted the frame with a very light pink chalk paint and let it dry
then did a coat of clear sealing wax
after that dried I rubbed on dark antique wax and didn't get a pic
but I LOVE how it turned out.
All done!!!
I was thinking I should of done this for my kids when they were little. I would've hung it in there rooms.


2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love it! You amaze me! You express great love in your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love it! You amaze me! You express great love in your creativity!

    ReplyDelete