Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Nows the time

I'm grateful that I'm a mother
I'm grateful that I have a mother
I hope my children will always need me in one way or another as they grow
I hope to be around for them to need me for a long time
My mom asked if she could come for a short visit and talk and catch up
You bet!
Its so nice when you can build your relationship up and mend anything broken
I'm grateful that I still have the time here to be able to do that
Life can be taken from loved ones so incredibly fast so don't waste it being mad at someone and then regret what you didn't get to do or talk about anything needed or work out whatever with someone.
Regret is an awful thing to feel!
Its terrible to hold onto anger towards someone
So with Grandma coming over she got to work right away
 She made chicken and dumplings which is Julias favorite food that she makes
 She helped with homework which is Lowells favorite part of the day
 Time for dinner
Then of course she needed to make the kids favorite Texas Sheet Cake "Brownies"
 I made my mom a painting that I made a duplicate for me so we both can have this great saying in our homes. This is something so many of us need to remember and take to heart. My sweet niece before she passed away would say this all the time and its  from a talk from Elaine Dalton gave.
 My mom painted this picture back in 1978 and I have it hanging in my home. I like to look at it and try to imagine her painting this. I was only 4 years old at the time. I get all my talents from my mom, she paints, crafts, quilts, does calligraphy, and just about anything else.


Me and my Momma
Just remember
You can do hard things....

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh sweetie, I love you too! our visit just wasn't long enough! BIG hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete