Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Farmhouse Table

Ok wow! I haven't blogged in a good while.
I'm so excited about my kitchen table.
About maybe 3 years ago I saw some scrap wood on the side of the road in our neighborhood that said free. It was these heavy duty 2x8 boards and they were in great condition.
I had to have them! I've been wanting a farmhouse table and these were perfect.
Here's a picture of how it looked before and we kept the wood the same how we found it and just sealed it to prevent splinters while we ate.
I don't have a good picture of my table from the first time Mikey built it.
So this pic will have to do.
It was still a little to high to be able to sit and eat comfortably so we needed to fix that and I was just not loving the finish on the table top.
So Mikey took it apart in the house because its so big and he took it outside and sanded the day away. Then made new legs to go with a updated top.

 After all the sanding its more even now.
I wanted it to still have the worn look and very used.
 I love the dark stain....LOVE IT!
Then a few coats of gloss, then let it dry for forever.
 The new legs are so much better and stronger.
Love it!
Now to figure out chairs

2 comments: