Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas and Blah!

I love when the kids start winter break from school. Oh its so wonderful to not have a scheduled morning and we can set our own schedule. Yippee!!! The kids got out of school to start winter break on the 23rd the school year so it was a little strange to jump right in to winter break. I felt like ready or not Christmas is here!
Well I woke up Christmas Eve morning feeling like a I've been hit with something hard. I was so sick and I knew it was the flu! Oh my goodness I always have such a nice Christmas Eve planned just for our family and I was really worried how was I going to accomplish this task. Well I ignored all my symptoms somehow and carried on. I started making homemade rolls, and homemade apple pie. I still wanted badly for my family to enjoy our traditions. I had to take many many many breaks every little bit because the little jobs would take me out. I asked Julia to make the pumpkin roll and I started the glazed ham and mashed potatoes and asparagus and baby carrots.

We enjoyed our dinner together well I just watched and tried to be there with them. After dinner we all talked about the true meaning of Christmas and I read The Mansion by Henry Van Dyke. I love that story and I love to remind the kids of service and to not gloat.

I usually buy the family PJs for Christmas Eve but I wanted to do something different this year. So I wrapped 5 different recent movies on DVD. Then I wrapped a box of popcorn, a can of hot chocolate, and some apple cider. Everybody opened  and we had a movie night. When the older kids were really little they use to argue over what movie to watch so I came up with the "movie game"
I had the movies they picked out behind my back and I would think of a number and which ever kid got closest to the number picked which hand and the movie that was in the hand was what they watched. So no fighting and I tried to make it fun.

Anyways I brought back the movie game for Christmas Eve then I crashed hard because I pretty much thought I was going to die at this point.
Goodnight and hopefully I can feel better for Christmas Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment