Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Goodbye for now

Its strange having a missionary leave to serve a mission. Our daughter will be gone for 18 months and we will get to email each other and write letters and Skype for mothers day and Christmas. 
Its strange in a way that you want them to desire to serve God and get out there in the world but then when its time for them to go its very hard to let them go. 
Im so incredibly happy for Julia and I love that she made this choice. I do miss my best friend and shopping buddy. 
She made me laugh everyday and she still does in her letters. I love that! 

 Going to the Los Angeles Temple with Julia was so wonderful
That is such a special time and I will always remember the special moments we shared
Grandma Holbrook came out to share this special time
All the family that came to church to listen to Julia's farewell talk. This was a great day surrounded by love and excitement. 
A couple days later it was 4:00 am and we headed to the airport. Mike and I actually were allowed to go back to her gate to wait with her. When several other missionaries showed up to wait on the same flight Julia looked at us and said "ok if you want to go you can" So I knew that it was time.
I gave her the biggest hug ever and walked away to cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment